The Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine (“ACB”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to honouring the privacy of the visitors to Lab Tests Online-UK website, available at https://labtestsonline.org.uk/.
This website contains links to other websites. The ACB are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites.
We collect non-personal data you submit on forms found on our website to help us understand how the website is being used and how we can improve it. This information is invaluable and helps us provide a better service.
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect and store personally identifiable information such as your title, name, surname, email and mailing address, if provided by you, whenever you contact us directly with a question or comment on our feedback form on our Website, when you sign up for our email newsletter, when you request our promotional materials or you have agreed to promote Lab Tests Online-UK as a Champion, when you provide responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes and any search queries on the Website.
We collect this data so that we may contact you with a response to your questions or comments, or to follow up with questions of our own. If you have indicated that you are interested in receiving updates about the website, we will use your email address to send you an email noting such updates. We will not send you unsolicited information, commercial offers, and advertisements.
You may opt out from receiving emails from us by contacting us at email@example.com.
Some content or applications on the Website are served by third parties, including content providers and application providers. The service providers may have access to personal information necessary for the purposes of the Website functions support, but are not authorized to share or use such information for other purposes.
Currently we are using Google Analytics to analyse the audience, improve the content and to help us understand use of our Services. No personal information is collected from Google Analytics.
Storing and Using Information
We do not undertake to maintain any information about you for a duration greater than necessary to provide services to you or as provided by law, rule or regulation.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To send you emails and newsletters with service, company, and other information.
- To communicate with you regarding information, features or offers that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To respond to your questions or other requests.
- To contact you with regard to the Website.
- To process other information or Personal Information that you submit through this Website.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, our policies, terms or any products or Services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of our Website, Services, and/or products.
- To enhance and improve our Website, for example, by performing internal research, analysing user trends and measuring demographics and interests, as well as Website and system administration or internal audits and reviews.
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Information that you supply to us is held securely and strict security procedures are followed to prevent unauthorized access or use. What Information You Can Access, Change, or Delete If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please Contact Us.
All processing of your Personal Information by us or our service providers is performed in accordance with applicable regulations under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”). For purposes of the GDPR, ACB will be the “data controller” of Personal Information (referred to in the GDPR as “personal data”) we collect through the Website. Lab Tests Online, is a “data processor”, unless they collect such information on behalf of a “data controller” in which case they will be a “data processor.”
Your Data Rights Under GDPR
You have the right to gain access to, object to processing of, request data portability of, and have corrected, updated, restricted, deleted, or be forgotten of the Personal Information collected about you, subject to some exceptions and conditions. You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your Personal Information. You can opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Information. For any of these, please Contact Us. You can find more about these rights by reading the General Data Protection Regulation, available here.